it would probably be buried in the backyard with a little cross shaped out of two twigs and secured with some superwash sock yarn. Anyway, I’m here, with a list.
1. Wally World pharmacy is the enemy. I dropped off the baby’s prescription at 11am, was told to come back at 1pm. I got there around 1:30, and they were on lunch. Fine. Then they didn’t have it ready…for a long time. Then they gave me attitude when it became apparent to me that they have no organized system to handle their customers. I have a $10 copay wherever I go, so I’ll be going somewhere else from now on.
2. No more eczema! This cream is like a miracle, we have been using it every night and giving him Zyrtec before bed and he is doing amazing! I can’t get over it. Even the texture of his skin is better, it’s like he’s got that nice baby skin back. I didn’t even know how worried I was about it until I realized I was so bored the other night. I thought to myself, “What am I doing differently that I’m bored tonight?” Then it dawned on me that I wasn’t researching eczema, trying different products, and settling down a baby whose itch has woken him up from a sound sleep.
3. Knitters can never really be bored. I have launched into a pair of socks for a gift. It’s a secret, though. I don’t know if the recipient reads this, but it’s someone who has really helped us through this with their generosity and good natured spirit.
4. Easter is tomorrow! How did that happen? I am amazed that we are still hanging on as a couple, paying (most) of our bills and keeping food on the table. Time flies whether you are having fun or not.
5. I don’t think I would change a thing, even with our struggles.
6. I have nothing to wear to Easter services tomorrow. Usually we go to the 8am service, but I think we will go to the 10am one so the baby has some time to play with his Easter basket toys. I got him mostly toys, but also a sugar-free chocolate bunny. You have to have a chocolate bunny!
7. I am going to the doctor on Monday to get my heart checked. My brother’s cardiologist wants us all to be checked, and I am the only one who hasn’t done it yet. I am nervous because I know I have an irregular heartbeat, I can hear it when I get over-anxious or excited. I also know he’s going to tell me I’m too damn fat. He’ll probably say exactly that. He’s a great doctor, but not exactly known for his bedside manner. Aunt Kathy, got any good tips? If anyone knows about weight loss, it’s you! You are awesome!
8. State taxes. Ugh. We owe, as usual. I just keep faith that we will have the money to pay. I don’t want to file an extension, but I guess I will if I have to.
9. Easter Bunny. Do you tell your kids there is an Easter Bunny? My church didn’t teach that, we also never believed in Santa, but we go to a different church now, and I don’t know if I’m going to tell the baby about the Easter Bunny or not.
That’s it…I know it’s a long one, but I wanted to catch up as best as I could. Enjoy your Easter, Passover, whatever you may do, I’ll have a slice of ham and glass of wine for all of you!